Love Parade

frailn

Okay, so I'm poking around on Vintage Synth Explorer website reading up on old Moog's and Korg's and click on a link in a comment on one the pages and end up at the website of someone I've never heard of - Dr. Motte...I think I should have known about this guy by now, but I blame on being an old fart and American.

So, I start watching these videos and realize that these videos contain footage of an annual festival called "Love Parade" - what the hell? This is awesome! Puts our Mardi Gras to shame! You Berliners know how to party. That's all I have to say. Wishing I hadn't missed out on this back in the nineties when I was young, single and free....

In the 90s, the Love Parade must have been great, but back then I was too young to go there...

Instead I joined the party once, when it already had been turned down by Berlin's politicians and therefor took place in Essen.

It was spectacular, but already had been sold as a marketing-event and lost it's charme.

Dr. Motte himself had turned against it long before, because of this.

Maybe some of the Berliners know how to party, but some others found this event to be unpleasant and expensive....

Especially the tons of garbage produced by the masses were a problem. This seems to be a weak argument at first,

but Essen really looked bad afterwards...