TECHNICAL ASSISTANT NEEDED

SEAN00

HELLO, I have a design for a modulating keyboard type drum pad system midi controller, and I have no clue what hardware parts would be best to use in this situation.I have never built a midi device and I need someone who has done this type stuff before to lead me down the right path.. The plan I have is not basic and it would take me years to learn what allot of you know now. I am willing to pay for info like what hardware might be applicable, and what program I should use to write the software , and don't expect perfect results , I just need a push in the right direction. If someone out there could to help me get this thing to working prototype or close, on paper ,it gets me closer to making the program that will be in it etc. This is a long term project and I am in no rush. Any interested people contact me at XXXXX@XXX.XXX . I can send you the fun spec doc and drawings and see what you think .THANKS SEAN

Edited by seppoman

Hey Sean,

I've edited your post to hide your email adress - if you don't wanna drown in spam, never post your email in plain text in public forums.

Also, asking for paid help as an introduction is not the way it works on midibox.org. You're welcome to discuss the details of what you wanna build on this forum and probably people will give you tips regarding what route to pursue. Reading the stuff that is published on ucapps.de will help you find out what's already there and what's possible. As soon as you're getting started to at least try to DIY (yourself), nobody will complain if you're getting some help by e.g. a friend who's more into electronics than you are, but this is not a marketplace to search for hired designers.

good luck,

S

Hiya Sean,

I started out like yourself just wanting to buy a finished product or kit but ended up having to try and make it myself,I have fried a pic and screwed a pcb up but I am learning all the time and finding it very enjoyable.....which has surprised me as I thought the frustration factor would kick in and lead to a trail of electronic debris in my man cave.

What I have found in the forum is that if something is in writing somewhere you are expected to find it and figure it out for yourself but genuine "I am stuck as fuck" type questions will bring help.

What I would suggest is you do some kind of rough diagram explaining what it is you need and than folks will probably jump in and help you.

I reckon you are at least going to need a core module,so why not start with that and add modules as it becomes clear what you want from the end product?

As for if you should use a pic core or the new smt32 type core,what you are trying to achieve would dictate which you should use.

Good tip.....don't listen to me,my soldering and electronic assembly skills are akin to teaching an elephant how to do embroidery.

cheers

Paul

you'd better bought an Akai MPD or Korg PK ...

i helped julestriko to develop an accordion (velocity+aftertouch) controller based on FSR sensors.

i has done the algo to put inside the AIN code of MIOS8. you should ask him for the code

you wil have to get AIN modules and sensors, design your own "keys" or drumpad and the enclosure