E-bay SID source inquiry

re create

Hi

I am going to start building a midibox SID soon. I already own 2 C64 (I don't know if the chips are working) but am looking for more chips...

Has anybody bought anything from the e-bay seller called "ice-elements"? He pretends his chips are 100% working, but i can't imagine a seller pretending the contrary!

Has anyone recently found a reliable source for working SID chips?

thanks

re create

I've bought chips from him... He is the same as "vinagegolden" I believe. He has replaced (for free) every single non-working SID that he's sent me. Shipping takes awhile, as the chips ship from Hong Kong, but it is well worth the wait.

Cheers,

grizz

• 4 weeks later...

guys, are any of you in contact with this guy at the moment? i bought a lot of chips a while ago, which i havent received. I contacted him three times during the last 10 days but havent

got a reply yet. Now i am a bit worried about my money...there is always the possibility of the seller having vacations/whatever...but dunno....

• 2 weeks later...

guys, are any of you in contact with this guy at the moment? i bought a lot of chips a while ago, which i havent received. I contacted him three times during the last 10 days but havent

got a reply yet. Now i am a bit worried about my money...there is always the possibility of the seller having vacations/whatever...but dunno....

If it's the same seller as vintagegolden, they should come. I've bought SIDs from him several times. One order was lost in the mail and he replaced them, however communication was a bit slow on his part.

If it's the same seller as vintagegolden, they should come. I've bought SIDs from him several times. One order was lost in the mail and he replaced them, however communication was a bit slow on his part.

Well, thank you. He replied today after 3 weeks of silence.

Not the smoothest transaction but at least i havent lost my 300$....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

after his last email in which he promised to send the chips the next day nothing happened again.

After that i wrote him twice but havent got a reply. I then decided to go for the paypal buyer protection and finally got my money back today.

I dont know whats up with this guy since he apparently was a reliable seller but honestly i gave him 8 weeks to sort things out.

So..dont buy from him anymore..at least dont buy outside of eBay...

eBay account has been suspended as well...

Alex

Edited by phunk

eBay account has been suspended as well...

Indeed it must be recent since last contact I had with him (ice-elements) was on June 28th.

I think I can summarise my dealings with ice-elements as the following:

His 6581 are remarked and currently doesnt have the equipment to test them before shipping.

Uses his past feedback from previous users to justify that his SIDs are fine

(poor chaps probably give feedback before the end of assembly of their MIDIBoxes,

and or cant discreminate bad voices/filters easily).

However, his communications skills (at least with me) were great.

For two SIDs I won, it took 3 shipments until I had two fully working ones.

(3 out of 8 received worked 100%), he went out of his way to please me,

and you surely dont get this from people who are just looking to scam you.

Moral: there ARE good remarked SIDS comming from China,

whats the real percentage? I would love to have a lot to try.

put the SIDS to the TEST before giving feedback.

(if you can)

Edited by davidv