CORE or CORE32

silvrbak

There is no finished/tested/release firmware for mbSID on the core32 module yet. So you can either wait for that, dive in and check out the source code from the SVN or go with the core8 version.

Reasons to choose the core32 version over the core8 version are: more SIDs (not really an issue when you want a stereo sid), included SID emulation (not really an issue when you already have the SID chips) and possibly a more advanced CS.

Silvrbak, if you want quick results, buy the MBSID pcb and the base components package available at SmashTVs online shop. I was able to construct a working MBSID base within three days. It is CORE8 based and works the sh** out of any attached SIDs :-).

...included SID emulation (not really an issue when you already have the SID chips)...

hey, it is interesting! If you have some free time, could you explain how to emulate a SID chip with the core32? It's just a matter of coding or need of more hardware in chain with the core32?

I bet the info is already there and I'm missing it

But please ...just tell some points, of course.

It's an emulation that runs on the stm32, together with the mbSID application. It can either output audio via the integrated DAC or using a DAC module with a PCM1754 or TDA1543 or the likes. For more info check out the svn server.