SammichSID buttons/encoder not working

RawCaret

I finished building yesterday and it works great, except the only way to control it is with a computer.

- One LED, the top-right one is lit, and it flickers depending on... something... it reacts when I push in various places

- When I mash the buttons for a while, it either reboots or starts beeping a lot. If I mash the buttons more it stops beeping.

Otherwise it sounds fine and everything seems to work with external control.

"You can now test if the buttons and knobs are working by referring to the MIDIbox SID User Manual,

which can be found here: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual.html"

I did that. Can't find anything about testing the buttons and knobs, at least anything that makes sense.

I'm going to triple check my joints and what not. That's all I can really think of.

You can use this test app:

But. I am pretty sure it won't help you, since you have a bigger problem.

Your CS pcb is doing really weird things.

1) Remove the CS pcb.

2) Find the shorts that you most likely have on it (big blobs of solder, bad soldering, ...)

3) Make sure all the components are in the right place and correctly aligned (ICs, diodes)

4) If all that checks out put it back together, remove the ICs on the CS pcb and measure the voltages on all ICs on the CS pcb.

5) Report back.