Setting up toolchain on win7

Hello to all!

I've just received and built my first core32 and now I'm trying to set up the toolchain, following the detailed setup guide in the wiki. Using SVN I downloaded the Tutorial 001 and tried to compile it:

makefile:48: /programming_models/traditional/programming_model.mk: No such file or directory

makefile:51: /modules/app_lcd//app_lcd.mk: No such file or directory

makefile:54: /include/makefile/common.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `/include/makefile/common.mk'.  Stop.

In the second line, you can see, that there's nothing inserted into the $(LCD)-gap I can see in the makefile, and it pretty much seems to be the same with the other lines, where the first part of the path is missing.

I can find file two and three in the mios-base directory, the first must be somewhere else.

However, it looks like the environment-variables are not right here. I read something about a ".profile"-file in the forums but that seemed to be related to linux. I have the following environement-variables in my system:

User:

MIOS_BIN_PATH = D:\Bastelzeug\mios_base_v1_1\bin

MIOS_PATH = D:\Bastelzeug\mios_base_v1_1\

PATH = D:\Program Files (x86)\SDCC\bin

System:

PATH = D:\Bastelzeug\WinAVR-20100110\bin;D:\Bastelzeug\WinAVR-20100110\utils\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ ;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin

What else might be wrong here?

Thanks!

Bääääär

It is an environment variable problem!

Firstly for CORE32, you use MIOS32_PATH not MIOS_PATH and secondly, it depends which version of make you are using. If you are using the make that comes with MSYS then you must use /DRIVE/DIRECTORY if using the modified one that comes with MINGW, you just use /DIRECTORY. There are various variables that must be set:

For the MSYS version of make, use:

MIOS32_BIN_PATH=/c/Users/phil/midibox/mios32/trunk/bin

MIOS32_BOARD=MBHP_CORE_STM32

MIOS32_FAMILY=STM32F10x

MIOS32_GCC_PREFIX=arm-none-eabi

MIOS32_LCD=clcd

MIOS32_PATH=/c/Users/phil/midibox/mios32/trunk

MIOS32_PROCESSOR=STM32F103RE

For the modified MiNGW version use:

MIOS32_BIN_PATH=/Users/phil/midibox/mios32/trunk/bin

MIOS32_BOARD=MBHP_CORE_STM32

MIOS32_FAMILY=STM32F10x

MIOS32_GCC_PREFIX=arm-none-eabi

MIOS32_LCD=clcd

MIOS32_PATH=/Users/phil/midibox/mios32/trunk

MIOS32_PROCESSOR=STM32F103RE

Cheers

Phil

Edited by philetaylor

Hello!

I followed your advice and changed the variables. It didn't work first, but after changing from the "/c/users/" style to "c:/users/", it worked fine. I got quite a lot of errors from then until it dawned on me, that the setup guide in the wiki is probably meant for MIOS8 (??) and therefor the downloaded files are MIOS8 and not MIOS32. So I deleted all the base-files and re-downloaded them using SVN (in the hope to get the right files this time). Now i get this:

D:/Bastelzeug/mios_base_v1_1/include/makefile/common.mk:122: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

{common.mk, line 122 contains: $(PROJECT_OUT)/$(PROJECT).elf: $(ALL_OBJS)}

Sorry but I don't know what to do from here...

Bääääär

Which toolchain are you using? The current recommended one is the CodeSourcery 2008q3-66 release from www.codesourcery.com

Is the toolchain also installed on drive D:? you might try having everything on the same drive (preferably c:) and remove the drive letter from MIOS32_BASE as that may be confusing make?

Cheers

Phil

D:/Bastelzeug/mios_base_v1_1/include/makefile/common.mk:122: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
You'll have to revert back from the "c:/users/" style to "/c/users/" - the first works with MIOS_8, the second is required for MIOS_32 since the latest change in the makefile mechanism (late September this year). Basically, you have to specify MIOS32_PATH in Unix style. E.g., write:
set MIOS32_PATH=/C/mios32/trunk

if MIOS32 repository is located at your C: drive

Best, ilmenator

PS: I just see that you have Programmer status: just go to see an explanation of what is happening.

Edited by ilmenator

Thank you all, I finally made it! :)

But there's one thing that needs to be changed: How do I find the MIOS32-guide without this direct link posted by phil? I didn't find any hint in the wiki. But IMHO this link should be on the first page so you see it, when you enter. And maybe the "old" MIOS8 guide should be marked as MIOS_8_. At the moment it is just called "MIOS guide" and that caused quite some confusion to me.

Do I have wiki-permissions to add this hint?

Thanks to all!

Bääääär

A link would be added to this page once we clarified where to host the precompiled toolchain.

But of course, you are allowed to improve the Wiki!

Some MIOS32 related informations have been added on a quick&dirty way, and nobody tried to improve the structure thereafter, therefore just step forward! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.