Advantages of Modulation Matrix ?

bleeptor

Hi everyone! I've finally started building my midibox SID (mono) with a 6581, which I'm building following TK's walkthrough, but I'm still not sure what modules I really need. I know I want to have some control on the ADSR and LFOs with pots, so I calculated about 26 inputs and about 18 outputs(LEDs), and I'm not sure 1 DIN and 1 DOUT are gonna be enough. I only ordered 4 kits: 1 CORE, 1 SID, 1 DIN and 1 DOUT, so I'm not sure if I'll need more DOUTs or DINs. I'm pretty sure I'll need more of those if I build the modulation matrix, so that's why I'm wondering if it's worth it. I don't have a very clear idea of what I can do with it and if that is gonna be in my taste of lo-fi chiptunes. I'd appreciate some orientation on this topic so I can order more PCBs this year.

Each DIN and DOUT module gives you 32 inputs/outputs. So if you need 26/18 you're fine. Regarding the mod matrix I'd say it's best if you play around with it a bit - there's a patch editor that allows you to do just that. Then you can decide if you wanna build it or not.

• 1 month later...