Ahhh - Its Twins...

Amanita

That blue LCD is nice! I wish it came in 2x40 so I could replace my original MB-6582's dead PLED display.

If anyone is interested, Amanita said he got the blue LCD from Crystalfontz, but due to it being thinner than your average LED array backlight LCD, he mounted it above the control surface PCB so the gap between LCD and top panel wasn't so big. Mounting it above meant using an even longer male header than I put in the kits.

Amanita, what brand/type of paint did you use? Can I haz close-up of the paint job? Nicely done, BTW.

That blue LCD is nice! I wish it came in 2x40 so I could replace my original MB-6582's dead PLED display.

If anyone is interested, Amanita said he got the blue LCD from Crystalfontz, but due to it being thinner than your average LED array backlight LCD, he mounted it above the control surface PCB so the gap between LCD and top panel wasn't so big. Mounting it above meant using an even longer male header than I put in the kits.

Amanita, what brand/type of paint did you use? Can I haz close-up of the paint job? Nicely done, BTW.

:whistle: errr well...... i got a local engraver to fill them. I was having a rear panel made for my 9090 project build so i got them done at the same time. For what its worth, he struggled a bit as there is no depth to the engraving (laser etching?). I'll certainly ask the question as to what paint he used though. I know his approach was to remove the mask before filling though - but i guess he knew what he was doing...

Here are a couple of better images...

https://files.me.com/mwabrown/4puf7k

https://files.me.com/mwabrown/1sqssh

One point on the crystalfontz displays i used is that the LCD surround was plain metal - i had to "paint" it using a black permanent marker, otherwise it was looking a bit odd. Using the extended header was a breeze - the LCD is spaced off the board by 1 x m3 nut and washer - this brings it up to almost exactly the back of the front panel.

Matthew