SEQ4 built...a few problems

kogz23

Hi there,

happy new year to all!

Finished building my seq4 and am having a couple(so far!) of problems that I can't seem to sort out.

Firstly I can't get any midi out. I am using the standard MBSEQ_HW.V4 file. Midi seems to be working fine when interacting with the MIOS studio, in and out is checked and all seems good. I'm justing putting a few notes into a sequence, playing it and I am getting no midi notes coming out. All that is read is the start stop info.

Secondly, a really baffling one for me, the 2nd GP button works intermittently. Sometimes GP button 1 controls it, then GP 2 becomes inactive. I've checked the switch, changed the relevant IC on the DIN board and checked for errors. Can't find anything wrong...

Anyway, any help much appreciated!

Cheers

Al

Hi kogz,

am a newbie in this field, too, but I think you can change the default port from USB to OUT1 in the MIDI Configuration.

Regarding the GP button - it is most likely a bad solder point - trace again with a beeper - if you built the control surface on veroboard instead of a PCB, rewire the button.

Greets,

Peter

Firstly I can't get any midi out. I am using the standard MBSEQ_HW.V4 file. Midi seems to be working fine when interacting with the MIOS studio, in and out is checked and all seems good. I'm justing putting a few notes into a sequence, playing it and I am getting no midi notes coming out. All that is read is the start stop info.

My guess would be that you forgot to assign a channel to the track you're playing or the likes. Since I have no idea about the mbSEQ I'd suggest you give the manual a shot ;)

Secondly, a really baffling one for me, the 2nd GP button works intermittently. Sometimes GP button 1 controls it, then GP 2 becomes inactive. I've checked the switch, changed the relevant IC on the DIN board and checked for errors. Can't find anything wrong...

That sounds like a solder bridge or a broken cable. So your best shot is to recheck the wiring and soldering of those two buttons - a multimeter in continuity mode may be very helpful :)