PIC18F452 free samples

Guest pokey909

Please don't take these companies for a ride... If you can afford to support them, then you should... If getting the parts in your country for a reasonable price is difficult, then go ahead and order samples... but don't ask for more than you need... remember that there are very few major companies like microchip that offer such great 'hobbyist friendly' products, and I'd very much like to see them in production for years to come!

BTW, I think that the reason that the samples are not available in Australia, is because sample orders need to be nameised by the Australian Microchip office (in Epping, I drive past every day!) and Australians are very tight when it comes to free stuff!  

don't take offense to my views, you have the right to dissagree! ;) (Now I'm being too soft!! :P)

Guest cem3340

You have no worries of sending these companies broke!!

The semiconductor industry is extremely competative and as such most manufacturers are more than happy to send a few samples out to prospective customers. The benefits to such companies should be obvious.

Firstly, they usually "budget" for a fixed amount of samples. When those samples are gone, they are no longer available (sometimes they will still send out to recognised "good" customers). Secondly, if you think you will simply keep getting sent samles of the same products on an ongoing basis, think again. When an order for a sample is placed, ALL details of the requester are placed in a mailing database. Sometimes they will send a repeat, but in most cases, on going requests will be simply ignored.

So if you abuse the system and find yourself not getting the odd freebie every now and then dont cry, you know who to blame ::)

I ordered samples, because I really just cant afford the chips. I know they dont cost a lot really, but the whole Midibox does! And as I am a poor pupil, I need to save where possible! But please, if you can afford to buy the chips, buy them and support such a great company as Microchip is, because otherwise it is just plain ignorant! I will as soon as I have enough money...

Poeloq

I agree that we don't have to order too much sample...  but, I think microchip will be very proud to be the midibox project, and I don't think they loose a lot of money if we don't buy thier chip ;)

It's not like if you were selling them, you're working with, and learning how they work so...

And sample are the most easy way to get chip! In france for example it's very hard to find some ADC chip, even pic sometimes! So order sample, and then if it's works and need more of them, buy it :)