Finished Sammich - having some issues

humboldt

So I finished my Sammich and alot of things work. I was able to upload the application. Some formatting of banksticks happened. Uploaded patch presets. All my buttons and knobs work. My main problem is that one of the audio outputs is almost silent. If I really crank up my amp to the max I can hear it, but Im almost suspecting this is bleed from the other audio channel. On the display for the SID's it says "sid 1***", does this mean only one of my sid chips is active?

Also I should have five banks right? A, B, C and D seem fine when when I go to E it says "no bankstick". Would IC10 be bank E?

When I get a chance Im going to have a good look my my soldering and take some pics to post here. Are there any other preliminary tests I should try?

Edited by humboldt

On the display for the SID's it says "sid 1***"

No. It means there's one of four cores, which is correct.

Also I should have five banks right? A, B, C and D seem fine when when I go to E it says "no bankstick".

No. You have 4 banks for patches (A-D) and one bank for Ensembles (H).

one of the audio outputs is almost silent. If I really crank up my amp to the max I can hear it, but Im almost suspecting this is bleed from the other audio channel. On the display for the SID's it says "sid 1***", does this mean only one of my sid chips is active?

When I get a chance Im going to have a good look my my soldering and take some pics to post here. Are there any other preliminary tests I should try?

Each audio channel comes from one SID ... you could try swapping them to rule out a faulty SID.

Well that explains it. There's only one audio output socket and that's stereo. The other socket is an audio in (also stereo).

:frantics: Eureka! Yep that was the problem. Luckily I have a stereo to mono 'Y' cable to test it. Simple case of user error, its always the simple things that get me... I guess my sammich is fully operational, it sounds awsome! Thanks so much for the help. I HAZ SAMMICH!