Dedicated filter matrix firmware development?

grizz

Hi all,

I have finally built, calibrated, and cased my SM2044 4 channel filter matrix. It sounds pretty amazing. It consists of 1 AOUT_NG, 1 12 volt regulated PSU, and 2 SSM2044 filter boards. I've been using it mainly with my MB-6582, and a bit with my V4 SEQ.

I think it would be amazing to have a dedicated application that was similar to the SID firmware (LFO's, ADSR's, patch matrix) without the synth component, and with dedicated cutoff and resonance knobs for each channel. It would be nice to have the ability to have multiple cores like the MB-6582 so that other filters could be added....

Does anyone have any ideas about how realistic it would be to achieve my goals? If it sounds doable I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on what the best strategy would be... Edit the MBSID firmware, start with the MBCV firmware? I just taught myself how to change settings in ASM setup files and recompile firmwares, so I am woefully lacking in a my programing knowledge.

I'd like to hear whether or not this sounds even remotely feasible...

Cheers,

grizz

i did this with a midibox CV. SSM PCB are directly connected to CV of AOUTNG. it works and is controlled by Midi CC

just configure MBCV preset for (no need to recompile)

If you modify the code you can add pots instead of Gates and directly control cutoff and reso . It is "rather" easy user project, just work with MB CV firmware

Hi,

I've done a lot of job starting from analog toolbox application : inter-modulations between EGs and LFO's, LFO's by LFO's, MIDI note synced EG, bpm LFOs and much more..all this "digital" routing and modulations have been tested and verified with a scope, with standard Aout CV module. probably there is some detail issue due to my crappy way of programming, but that should do the job..you won't burn your analog gear using it ;-) ...

take a look at :

the app archive is at the bottom of last post, take a look in main.c where butons fonction are quickly explained.

Best regards.