mplab : triyng to compiling setup 808 asm file

warpboy

hello,

I'd like to modify setup808 default.asm, I use mplab v8.46 + mpasm (pc version).

When I click to compile this file I have plenty of errors (for this try, I don't modify anything in the asm file, just try to compile it!)

you can see these errors in the attached file.

I'm sure these errors are newbie problem...

help is welllllllllllllllllllllllllllcome

thank you

hello,

thank you for your reply.

I'll try to install sdcc ...

My seq works and I've made first tests using trigs outs ( I've connected bd and snare trigs at shift register #1)

It's perfect bassdrum works better that I expected :frantics:

Thorsten, you're THE king :ninja:

hello,

thank you Altitude for these infos.

I don't understand why when I open setup_808_default.asm (with a text editor), I see C code and no asm....maybe I false (newbie stupid question..)

then how can sdcc re-compile after an edit, if sdcc works with C program, it'll not recognize an asm extension file ? :wacko:

Thank you by advance

Warpboy

The MB808 is pure assembly code and doesn't require a C compiler.

In order to build a new .hex file on a Windows PC, you have to install gputils and MinGW (as a Unix replacement to execute the Makefile)

On a Mac or Linux PC, you only have to install gputils.

Then go into the application directory and type make -> done

It should even be possible to create .hex files without the Makefile mechanism (so that you don't need MinGW), just execute the commands directly in a command shell or from a .bat file:

gpasm -p p18f4620 -I./src -I ./include/asm -I ./include/share -I ./modules/app_lcd/dummy -I ./modules/iic_midi -I ./modules/aout setup_808_mbseqv3_hardware.asm
gpasm -p p18f4620 -I./src -I ./include/asm -I ./include/share -I ./modules/app_lcd/dummy -I ./modules/iic_midi -I ./modules/aout setup_808_mbseqv3_tk.asm
gpasm -p p18f4620 -I./src -I ./include/asm -I ./include/share -I ./modules/app_lcd/dummy -I ./modules/iic_midi -I ./modules/aout setup_808_tk.asm
gpasm -p p18f4620 -I./src -I ./include/asm -I ./include/share -I ./modules/app_lcd/dummy -I ./modules/iic_midi -I ./modules/aout setup_808_default.asm
gpasm -p p18f4620 -I./src -I ./include/asm -I ./include/share -I ./modules/app_lcd/dummy -I ./modules/iic_midi -I ./modules/aout setup_808_with_swingpot.asm
[/code]

thats all!

MPLAB isn't supported, and I don't see the need for this (too cumbersome and error prone)

Best Regards, Thorsten.