Optrex display problems MBSEQ V4

grizz

Soooooooooo... one of my expensive pretty optrex display seems to died. More specifically the backlight seems dead. It is on my MB-SEQ V4, so I switched the two displays around and it isn't the core. Has anyone had problems with these dieing? Are there common causes? I don't want to spend another $40 to have another one die too. I also just noticed that the other display's backlight is dimmer on the left half of the display...

I'm going to sit down and test the 5v pins on the LCD jumpers on the core32 later, but maybe someone has thoughts or knowledge about why this would happen... other than the displays simply failing of there own accord...

Cheers,

Alex

Soooooooooo... one of my expensive pretty optrex display seems to died. More specifically the backlight seems dead. It is on my MB-SEQ V4, so I switched the two displays around and it isn't the core. Has anyone had problems with these dieing? Are there common causes? I don't want to spend another $40 to have another one die too. I also just noticed that the other display's backlight is dimmer on the left half of the display...

I'm going to sit down and test the 5v pins on the LCD jumpers on the core32 later, but maybe someone has thoughts or knowledge about why this would happen... other than the displays simply failing of there own accord...

Cheers,

Alex

Hi, if you managed to short the backlight to ground, that would definitely do some damage. Is it something which happened while you were working on it? Or was it of its own accord?

Its been in use for almost a year... it gets moved around a lot from studio to practice and to shows, but I definitely wired it correctly... I know cause I've blown them before :unsure:

miswiring one is instant death, the backlight LEDs blow immediately

God damn the other LCD just died... :angry: Everything else works totally fine... wtf???? I'm leaving it on for a bit and monitoring the 5V pin on one of the LCD headers to see if it fluctuates at all... Can someone tell me how to test the backlight pins properly?

Thanks

alex

Its been in use for almost a year... it gets moved around a lot from studio to practice and to shows, but I definitely wired it correctly... I know cause I've blown them before :unsure: