MB6582 Base PCB Voltage Check

Hi,

I have completed my MB6582 Base PCB and I did some voltage checks (I went for option B, the original C64 power supply). I haven't installed any IC's so far !

What you can not see on the first picture are the following checks:

J3 (5V) -> 5,33 V

J25 (9-11V) -> 14,28 V -> is this still ok ?

C12 (9V) -> 8,97 V

voltage01-1.jpg

voltage02.jpg

I made a mistake in the beginning when I checked J25. Unfortunately I slipped off with the contact and created a short on J25 (for a very short moment). After this I check all the points above with the result:

5 V check points -> 5,33 V

9 V check points -> 8,98 V (regarding the SID's: depending on the jumper - I have tested both positions, 9V and 12V)

12 V check points -> 11,82 V (regarding the SID's: depending on the jumper - I have tested both positions, 9V and 12V)

I wonder if I have damaged the two big capacitors close to the voltage regulators ? I mean the measurements look quite ok, apart from the J25 which has 14,28 instead of 11 V. Do you think I can carry on with the board, or do I need to exchange the capacitors or the voltage regulators ?

Your advise is much appreciated !

Cheers

orange

Edited by orange_hand

Hi,

I have completed my MB6582 Base PCB and I did some voltage checks (I went for option B, the original C64 power supply). I haven't installed any IC's so far !

What you can not see on the first picture are the following checks:

J3 (5V) -> 5,33 V

J25 (9-11V) -> 14,28 V -> is this still ok ?

C12 (9V) -> 8,97 V

I made a mistake in the beginning when I checked J25. Unfortunately I slipped off with the contact and created a short on J25 (for a very short moment). After this I check all the points above with the result:

5 V check points -> 5,33 V

9 V check points -> 8,98 V (regarding the SID's: depending on the jumper - I have tested both positions, 9V and 12V)

12 V check points -> 11,82 V (regarding the SID's: depending on the jumper - I have tested both positions, 9V and 12V)

I wonder if I have damaged the two big capacitors close to the voltage regulators ? I mean the measurements look quite ok, apart from the J25 which has 14,28 instead of 11 V. Do you think I can carry on with the board, or do I need to exchange the capacitors or the voltage regulators ?

Your advise is much appreciated !

Cheers

orange

Hi,

14,28V on J25 pins instead of 11 V is ok ! This voltage is formed from : Your PSU ~9V out - bridge rectifier - filter electrolytic capacitor - voltage on J25

The other voltages look right, too.

Regards ,

Janis

Edited by Janis1279