banksticks can't store sounds

bleeptor

Something's wrong with my banksticks. I had a 24LC512 and uploaded the SID app (6581.hex). I had all the patches for a while and everything was fine, until I tried connecting a new chip for the ensembles, then the patches erased from the 24LC512. I reuploaded the SID App from MIOS studio but I still can't access any sound except LEAD PATCH and A003 TECHNO 5th. I have my banksticks(24LC512) connected as A=0. I also tried with another chip(24LLC256) and same thing happens. In both of the cases after the 064 empty patch it reads "no bankstick". How do I get the patches on the banksticks again?

• 4 months later...

I only have one banksticks connected, so there's only one possible address. I've tried connecting it to other than A=0, but same thing happens, and most of the time it just keeps "Launching CS" during startup. ¿Could it be something else? I have the banksticks connected like this:

Pin 1,2,3,4 and 7 to Vs on J4 port on CORE.

Pin 5 to SD on J4 port on CORE.

Pin 6 to SC on J4 port on CORE.

Pin 8 to Vs on J4 port on CORE.

Here's a pic of the project:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/8bitvic/c64mar28.jpg

Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

Here a quick&dirty trick - I think it's the most simple solution in your case:

1) upload the MIDIbox FM application-> this should reformat your BankStick. Wait until it's finished (messages will be print on the LCD)

2) now upload the MIDIbox SID application again -> the BankStick should be reformatted again, but now for the full size

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

I uploaded the MIDIBOX FM app, then uploaded the SID app, but still no patches on my banksticks. I went and bought a new banksticks, uploaded the SID app and after it uploaded it just kept stuck starting up. Same thing has happened since I uploaded the patches for the first time. It seems almost impossible to startup most of the time. I usually wait a few minutes, connect to power again and it starts up. So I did that and it initiated, but yet no patches. I re-uploaded the SID app and then it just got stuck rebooting again(Launching CS). I can't really figure out what's going on here.

• 4 weeks later...