Trouble connecting IIC modules to CORE32 (MidiSeq v4)

tupinamba

Hi there,

My MidiSeq V4 has 3 IIC modules connected to the core but none of them is responding (none of the lights are flashing).

I followed the MidiSeq V4 interconnections diagram but nothing happens. I put the 1k resistor between Vd and SC.

In the Midi Seq Menu, IIC1, IIC2, IIC3 and IIC4 appear with a * (meaning they cannot be recognized nor selected I guess).

Here is a picture of the 3 IIC modules, just in case :

IIC-modules.jpg

One last thing, just to be sure : IIC modules on a CORE32 only provide MIDI OUT, right ? Does this mean that only the MIDI OUT plug of each module is usable ?

Thanks for your help!

Only the OUTs work with the core32 running SeqV4.

The the green LED on each module should be lit when the power is applied. The red LED should flash with MIDI OUT.

Make sure the correct header (J4)on the core is used and that you have the wires the right way around.

Edited by gomiboy99

The green LED notifies that the module is correctly powered, and that the IIC_MIDI firmware is up & running.

A Ground/5V connection is already sufficient for this state.

Check the polarity of this LED (short leg: cathode)

If you don't remember the length of the legs anymore, look into the LED: here the longer terminal is the cathode, the short one is anode.

See also following photo:

mbhp_iic_midi_leds.jpg

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Solved !

Thank you (again) Thorsten. It was a combination of wrongly-soldered diodes (how could I do such a mistake?!!!) and 1K resistor on STM32 J4 whereas apparently it is not needed with my STM32 revision. IIC1, 2 and 3 work great and I'm sooo happy to let go my external midi splitter...

Now I'm trying to find back the connection for MIDI OUT3 on STM32 (I read that... but where? :rolleyes: )

All the best, Gael