Avecsynth - Kickstarter

sparx

I had one of those delivered today, but its faulty so am waiting on another one being sent. Was there ever a conclusion to that project?

As for the Avecsynth, it seemed a fun little toy, however an additional Arduino is also required.....

Don't think anyone made a effort to make a fully documented project out of it. But it's basically a simplified MB64 tied to a DB50XG with midi.

Looks like he read your comments!

Here is an update sent out:

Finally, I've seen a couple of forum postings regarding the sound quality of the synthesizer recording on the Kickstarter page. We are well aware that the recording is not CD quality. The output of the protoboard prototype was simply plugged into the mic input on my laptop to capture the recording. So, we simply have all sorts of noise paths through the prototype, we have an impedance mismatch between the output of the prototype and the recording device, and we have a not-that-great PC ADC capturing the signal. This adds up to less than spectacular fidelity, but for what it is, quite decent at showing off the potential of the project. The unit sounds infinitely better simply plugged into an amplifier/speaker, so I know that the final unit will be able to perform quite well.

We shall wait and see (or hear!).