[S] tascam fw-1082 read info

ssp

Selling a tascam FW-1082 its all there but it needs a new main FW board which holds the main boot chip and the FW interface. Tascam/Teac spares quoted me £195 for a replacement board and all is good and it will work but i am not really interesed in repairing it as i am getting an euphonix control setup. I have held onto it as i was going to pull the boards and build a DAW controller using it as it is a perfect pre-made layout. With the motor faders illuminated buttons, transport etc it would have been a good conversion into a control surface.

I am not looking at much for it, i will take £100 for the unit plus postage. I will put up some pictures later on so you can see the units condition. I can send it via overnight courier service please be aware that if i send it abroad the postage may be slightly higher.

http://tascam.com/product/fw-1082/specifications/

60mm faders

tascam/teac uk have the fw board in stock at £195 it is simply pulling the old board and installing the new one, on the board there are several "leds" that light up under power, the one for the fw chip and boot section does not light up, after checking it with tascam tech they explained that the fw chip was at fault.

The unit is spotless, no marks at all, if i get no takers as it currently is for conversion i will buy a new main board and relist it here or ebay. I thought someone may get some use out of it as an daw controller unit after modifying the whole thing rather than get the new main board.

Edited by ssp