start-up page

scottsober

Hi,

My basic 2 sid setup is working .I get a start-up page with : EInt PInt Ld Ch

1*** Lead Patch instead of : E002 A001 Ld Chn. 1

1-** Lead Patch How do I get to save settings?I have a bankstick.I can get everything working ,but why this start-up page? How do I get the alien groove #51 page it speaks about?In first steps page? I can get some really neat sounds ,but I always have to reload everything after power up .I reloaded the firmware a second time ,and I still get this start-up page.I have a din board a core and 2 sid boards and 4 switches and a menu switch and a rotary encoder hooked up.Any help would be appreciated...scottsober4-25-2012

Saving a patch is a menu-driven option if you are changing patches on your MBSID itself. Another option will soon be the CTRL interface TK is developing, which should support patch saves soon.

In the meantime, if you're not sure where to find the save option, I would recommend you check out the manual. It is hugely helpful, particularly if you have a small control surface and has some nice step-by-step instructions to help you get acquainted with things.

Hi,

I was getting the wrong startup page for the midibox basic stereo setup.it displays:

EInt Pint Ld Ch

1*** Lead Patch instead of:

E002 A001 Ld Chn. 1

1-** Lead Patch I have a bankstick attached and also I am getting some really neat sounds out so all is functional except for the startup page and also can't seem to get a save page to display.I also got asidxp to work with sid player mode.I reloaded the firmware and to no avail.thanks scott5-1-2012 any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

this startup page isn't wrong, it just tells you that the internal patch of bank E is selected.

You can change the bank and patch by pressing the first GP button to enter the ensemble menu, then click on SID, select bank A and patch 002 (the first patch stored on BankStick)

Exit this page, go to SAV (in the ensemble menu), store the setup -> done.

Now your MBSID will start with patch A002 after boot.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

I was wondering how to get the ensemble E002 on my midibox basic stereo setup?my start-up page is EInt Pint Ld Ch

1***Lead Patch

it says in the first steps it should be E002 A001 Ld chn 1

1-** Lead Patch

I am getting some really cool outputand sounds from my midibox but was wondering if this start-up page is normal?I have a bankstick and a display and 4 push button switches and 1 menu pushbutton spst switches and a din board built with 2 sid and 1 core pc boards.I also was not getting the sav function to display?Is this normal?Arp and osc and tri sin and all waves working ring mod works too.I couldn't get ensemble e002 to display however.How to solve these issues?thanks for any help ,and have a nice day ....----scottsober5-3-2012

Hi,I tryed to get the sav function to display but it won't show up.Only get sid clk fil ins ext but no sav i have 4 pushbutton switches and 1 menu switch hooked up to a din5 board and a bankstick hooked up.

Hi,

this startup page isn't wrong, it just tells you that the internal patch of bank E is selected.

You can change the bank and patch by pressing the first GP button to enter the ensemble menu, then click on SID, select bank A and patch 002 (the first patch stored on BankStick)

Exit this page, go to SAV (in the ensemble menu), store the setup -> done.

Now your MBSID will start with patch A002 after boot.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi ,I already have a rotary encoder ,but the only selections I can get are sid clk fil ins extr but no sav I tried to tell you this.thanks ....----scott

You need a rotary encoder in order to scroll the ensemble page to the SAV item.

You need it anyhow to change the bank and patch number - there is no other way.

For more details, see "First Steps": http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_fs.html

And "Ensembles": http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_e.html

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I switched to ensemble page and moved encoder .What is happening is a whole parameter is cut off the display will not display the last row of parameters I get sid bnk pat mon spu and then blank( no dor ) and all last row is cut off of every page and also I get for example sid clk fil ins ext and then blank but( no sav)it is not dispaying right there are missing parameters the last column is missing of each row.I can get some really nice sounds out and this is still incredible even if I can't get the sav function right now !even in lfo i get lfo wav rte csn dep snc del phs and blank( no one)it is cutting off the one column.thanks maybe i can live with this the way it is because this still souds great right now!thanks ....----scott

have to go to work will have to get back to ya later....scott