MBSEQ V4 fitted into the Heidenreich enclosure

orange_hand

Hi Guys,

I am currently wondering how the PCB’s and Plugs (Core32, IIC, BLM, USB, Ethernet, Power Switch) are mounted in the custom Heidenreich enclosure. Are the PCB’s mounted on the bottom or on the rear panel, or even both ? Or is it required to disconnect the various plugs (MIDI, USB, Ethernet, BLM, Power Switch) from their respective PCB’s and mount them separately and exclusively on the rear panel ? Apart from the picture posted recently by Thorsten, I haven’t found any pictures that show how the SEQ V4 is fitted into the Heidenreich enclosure. Are there pictures available ? What is your experience ?

Cheers

Orange

I am currently wondering how the PCB’s and Plugs (Core32, IIC, BLM, USB, Ethernet, Power Switch) are mounted in the custom Heidenreich enclosure. Are the PCB’s mounted on the bottom or on the rear panel, or even both ?

They are only mounted on the bottom.

Or is it required to disconnect the various plugs (MIDI, USB, Ethernet, BLM, Power Switch) from their respective PCB’s and mount them separately and exclusively on the rear panel ?

no, this isn't required (and also not possible)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks Thorsten ! Actually I am also wondering where are all the guys with the Heidenreich enclosure ? So far I have just seen pictures of yours and Wilba's MBSEQ V4.... Or are they sitting on their cases waiting for the control surface PCB's to show up ?

Cheers

orange

Edited by orange_hand

The two PCBs to the left of the CPU were acquired through a group buy run by seppoman about a year and a half ago. They are the MBHP_ETH PCB and the MBHP_SDCARD PCB.

You might try pinging seppoman with a PM and ask if they are still available. That was the only time that I have seen those PCBs for sale on the forum. They were sold as blank PCBs, you had to source your own parts. If you do find a source for these let me know. I need another set of them for another project I'm working on right now.

The middle PCB is the SD memory card receiver. Note that the eithernet card and the SD card connect to the CPU on a common cable.

Good luck with your project!

Or are they sitting on their cases waiting for the control surface PCB's to show up?

That's seems to be the case for many people. I even have the Heidenreich case and the PCBs sitting around but my DIY modular has top priority currently.

@gtxdude:

Did you use the .fpd file from TK for the front panel? I'd like to know if it really fits.

My front panel came from julianf in the UK. Mine fits like a glove. Top notch craftsmanship and cheaper that Scheffer or FPEx. And julianf is a swell guy to boot. See his site at: www.thebeast.co.uk

I did use the back panel .fpd that TK provided and it worked great.