4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to find all the Parts on "Farnell"

But i have some issue's finding the Correct Rectifier B40C800 Is it realy nessecary i need the B40C800 or can i also use one with Higher Value's.

( On the Ucapps page i see on the PDF and images there is used a B80C1500 and on the partlist and Explanation the B40C800 should be used..)

So can someone clear this Up for me as i'm sort a beginnen with Small Elctronic parts....

Thanks in advanced..


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

the first 2 digits are the maximal allowed incoming VAC, the second number is the maximum of mA, so a B80C1500 means bridge rectifier for max 80V alternating current and a max of 1.5A.

if they have a matching pinout to the one recommended you can use higher values.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You're able to create your own PCB but not able to read a bridge rectifier rating even after it is explained by another forum member? That's perculiar imho.

Anyway, yes, a recifier rated for 50V(ac) and 1,5A (1500mA) is sufficiently rated to put behind a PSU that supplies 12V(ac) at 600mA. Rule of thumb is that you multiply the Vac rating by 1,4 to (roughly) know the Vdc rating, and 12 x 1,4 is 16,8 which is still way below 50.

Good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now