SEQV3 cant get mixermap to work

Rio

Hello everybody,

i use a seq V3 and please can anybody give me an advice, how i could setup the mixermap for a program-change etc.?

I don't get it to work. I tried to setup a Prog.Change value for a special Port and Channel, but it doesn't changed a patch on my synth, same issues is with Volume or Pan (but on the other hand - if i set #CC7 in a track, volume values will be recognized and changed). i tried also to add the special mixermap into phrases/song mode like descriped on changelog of mbseq, but it doesn't work..

Thank you very much for hints, help..

greets, rio

Edited by Rio

hi torsten,

yes, i can give more report at evening.

Short question: Will SEQ send out the MIDI events like 'program change' instantly after rotating the encoder on that mixer page [Prog.Chg]?

Because I only can see flashing MIDI-OUT LEDs while rolling the encoder at Volume/Pan-Pages etc.. But they will not recognized at synth-side.

(I am a bit confused, because on the other hand (against the mixermap) the volume/pan ccs are send and received 100% correct, when I defined that CCs as events with CC values in a track).

greets,

rio

Edited by Rio

hi,

i have now monitored the events in mixermap:

if i rotate the Page [3] Prog.Change:

nothing happends.

if i rotate the Page [4] Volume / [5] Panorama / [6] CC1 # 91 a.s.o :

i get only the same values:

00000BFA 1 -- F3 F3 -- -- --- Song Select

00000C39 1 -- F3 F3 -- -- --- Song Select

00000D62 1 -- F3 F3 -- -- --- Song Select

..same happends in song/phrase mode (if i set up a mixermap there):

00014A2D 1 -- 93 30 00 4 C 3 Note Off

00014A37 1 -- 93 30 7F 4 C 3 Note On

00014BDA 1 -- 93 30 00 4 C 3 Note Off

00014BE4 1 -- 93 30 7F 4 C 3 Note On

00014E55 1 -- F3 F3 -- -- --- Song Select

00014E56 1 -- F3 F3 -- -- --- Song Select

00014E57 1 -- F3 F3 -- -- --- Song Select

00014E69 1 -- 93 30 00 4 C 3 Note Off

00014E6A 1 -- 93 30 00 4 C 3 Note Off

i don't know, what is going wrong there. Did i have forgot something in configuration?

thanks for any help.

Best regards,

rio

hi torsten,

it uses the last application 3.4f and Mios v1.9g. So it is not modified. I have just downloaded the last version and uploaded to the box(setup_mbseq_v3.hex)

Nothing changed, that looks strange... what could be wrong?

Greets rio.

Nothing else could be wrong.

I've also no idea why "F3 F3" should be sent on mixer map changes...

And I'm sure that the firmware is working correctly, as I tested the mixer map again just 1 hour ago...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hi torsten,

oh i discovered that it works for IIC1 and IIC2 Port correctly. For both Ports IIC3 and IIC4 are additional LTC-Moduls connected. Both IIC3 and IIC4 Ports don't work with the mixer, but everything else works fine with them. Strange.

Do you have an idea what i can test/do so that it will all work, also with LTC?

EDIT: so now i have disconnected the both LTC-Moduls from IIC3 and IIC4, but nothing has changed (IIC3 and IIC4 Ports are not working with mixermap like described)

So i'm not really sure, whats wrong with Port IIC3 and IIC4 for mixermap. Very strange that in Edit-Mode of a track, i can setup CCs for that ports, which are working correct.

Best regards,

rio

Edited by Rio

Why did I already know that you haven't mentioned certain details... :rolleyes:

For further troubleshooting you could compare the IIC modules by:

- swapping the IIC IDs between the IIC modules (just change the jumper settings) and power-cycle the core -> are now IIC1 and IIC2 failing?

- swapping the ICs -> observations?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

so i have swapped the IIC IDs of the IIC modules:

Module:ID (--> changed to ID)

1:IIC1 (0x10) --> 1:IIC4 (0x16) --> this module does not work in mixermap (sends f3 f3 / f2 f2 f2 for volume/ nothing for prog.change) 

2:IIC2 (0x12) --> 2:IIC3 (0x14) --> this module does not work in mixermap (sends f3 f3 / f2 f2 f2 for volume/ nothing for prog.change) 

3:IIC3 (0x14) --> 3:IIC2 (0x12) --> this module works (sends "c1 xx" values for prog.change / LTC-Module are connected & sends this out too!)

4:IIC4 (0x16) --> 4:IIC1 (0x10) --> this module works (sends "c3 xx" values for prog.change / LTC-Module are connected & sends this out too!)

I have tested all with diconnected LTC-Modules too, but therefor i got the same results like described above. So now i have swapped all back to default configuration.

Then I have swapped the ICs (e.g. from IIC3-Module to IIC2-Module), but i got the same result - IIC3 (0x14) is not working in mixermap by default configuration.

The result is wired. What could be the reason?, Could it be a software bug for IIC ID3 and ID4 or what could that results mean.

Additional info: SEQ gets the power from a commodore power supply unit, so it should get enough power for all the boards.

greets,rio

Edited by Rio

Got it, it's a bug in the MBSEQ V3 firmware! :)

Only the mixer map is affected, the port number isn't masked out when the MIDI event is created.

I will test the change and release a new version tomorrow.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hi thorsten,

that are good news. Thx. I have played around a bit with the mixermap and i have noticed that the SyncPatChg option does not wait for the mixermap in phrase/song mode. The mixermap will change immediately before the next pattern will be played. Would it be possible to fix that too or would that to complicated (I know that the MBSEQV3 is outdated)?

Is there also another easy way to switch between different mixermaps without using song/phrase mode? (Maybe via MIDI control)?

Most time i am playing around in pattern screen and there it would be nice to switch a mixermap within switching the pattern.

Thanks for all your advices.

Best regards,

rio

Edited by Rio

First of all (I guess you know this, but just to highlight for others): I won't have the time to add new features, because it's too long ago where I worked on this firmware, the danger is too high that changes will introduce new errors which I won't notice by myself since I prefer to use MBSEQ V4

MBSEQ V3 is in maintenance mode, which means that I can only add simple enhancements and bugfixes.

The mixermap will change immediately before the next pattern will be played. Would it be possible to fix that too or would that to complicated

A change would be too complicated.

In MBSEQ V4 this has been solved with the "Pattern Remix" feature which combines patterns with mixer maps, and therefore also switches mixer maps on synch with pattern changes.

Is there also another easy way to switch between different mixermaps without using song/phrase mode? (Maybe via MIDI control)?

I could add CC control without much effort and risk, it will be part of the upcoming release...

Most time i am playing around in pattern screen and there it would be nice to switch a mixermap within switching the pattern.

You need a V4, and you will like the Remix feature! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hi thorsten,

I could add CC control without much effort and risk, it will be part of the upcoming release...

i would be lucky for that feature ;) so that i can choose and dump one of the mixermaps via cc. thanks for your effort.

greets rio.

V3.4h is released now:

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_v3_changelog.html

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html

Take the external mixer dump capability as a "sorry" for the trouble! :flowers:

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey thorsten,

very nice!! I can test the new version today in the evening :) yes that CC will 100% help me. Thx thx thx.

greets,

rio