Adapt the MBHP MIDI USB source code For PIC18f14K50

Ciro

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the MBHP's source code to work with PIC18F14K50?

Pic18f2550 and 18f14K50 are not pin compatible but I believe that it's possible to adapt the source code for 18f14k50. This chip is two times cheaper than 2550.

I have attached the source code to this post.

The reccomended PIC is not expensive.

Yes I do mean the MBHP USB PIC firmware.of course it is reliable. I personally tested that with different MIDI gears; using different USB expansion boards and hubs, and it works just great. Like a professional M-Audio interface. Pic18f14k50 is way cheaper and has a smaller package respect to 18f2550.

it makes the whole thing to be smaller and more economic! I'm already working on this but I definitely need others help.

Ciao!

Edited by Ciro

Yes I do mean the MBHP USB PIC firmware.of course it is reliable. I personally tested that with different MIDI gears; using different USB expansion boards and hubs, and it works just great. Like a professional M-Audio interface. Pic18f14k50 is way cheaper and has a smaller package respect to 18f2550.

it makes the whole thing to be smaller and more economic! I'm already working on this but I definitely need others help.

Ciao!

TK has put quite a lengthy explanation on the project page. The GM5 was the prefered solution (until the ARM boards arrived). But i wish you good luck on your endeavor.

Edited by Shuriken