[fixed] Sammich finally build - uploading problem

Shiftone

It's 4.21am here and I've just finished many hours of making Sammich.

Voltage tests all good and now trying to upload the sid hex via mios studio.

I have tried 2 separate midi interfaces (Alesis Photon x25 Controller Keyboard / Allen Heath Xone 1D DJ Controller)

I get an upload request on the midi in side in MIOS studio when I power up the Sammich.

Sammich displays ready.

I'm not able to get any expected response in the midi out side.

Having had a look at the troubleshooting guide - I don't seem able to get midi loopback working on either midi interface by running a single cable in and out.

Terminal strings do send.

Can anyone suggest anything - does it look like I have 2 midi interfaces that aren't going to play nice with MIOS or is there something else I've overlooked?

I've tried both interfaces on Windows 7 x64 and on Ubuntu (latest version) - same results.

Gonna go wash the flux off myself rinse solder fumes out my eyes and sleep now...

Edited by Shiftone

If the loopback test (MIDIbox not involved) doesn't work, then the issue is your MIDI device/software settings. Are you positive you selected the correct output device in MIOS Studio?

Yup in the instance of the Alesis Photon x25 - I have Phonton Midiin and Photonx25 as options in the first pane (I select Photon Midiin) then in the second pane I only have the option to select Photonx25.

In the instance of the Xone 1D both devices are just called xone midi or some such.

At no point have I managed to get MIOS studio to detect a loopback with a single cable in/out.

Again this is both in Windows and Linux...

BIG FAT EDIT

Hit midi in and midi out on Photonx25 with a hammer (read - give the cables a really good shove) and suddenly loopback working.... must have not been inserted properly. Still no working loopback on the Allen and Heath Xone 1D (even after the shove treatment...)

setup_sammich....hex now uploaded and lovely blinky LEDs dancing away.

Is there a default set of patches to upload after inserting my banksticks? Can't play with my SIDs yet as I'm still testing with a nasty 12v switching PSU whilst I wait for my linear regulated to arrive.

Edited by Shiftone