USB mass storage problem / new bootloader related?

rvlt

Hello,

could anyone do me a favour and test USB mass storage mode (e.g. in MIDIO128 V3 or via USB mass storage application) in conjunction with the OSX Finder?

I have a strange problem with that: when I activate USB mode in MIDIO128, my sd-card appears in the finder, but only after ca. 2min, then it takes another minute to read the directory content (40 files), and everything is super slow and unusable.

The funny thing is that...

-> I tried that with two different SD Cards with different adapters/cables (connected to J16 on a LPC17)

-> they seem to work fine for MIDIO128: the config file got read, midi files play and I could save files

-> they seem to work fine when I put the cards into my normal external card reader connected to my mac

-> they seem to work fine when I use the new file browser tool in MIOS Studio 2.4.0

When I eject the cards via the finder, I get the following message on the LCD of the LPC17:

!! HARD FAULT !! at PC=0x05f00120

Could it be that the USB Mass storage support is somehow broken with the new Bootloader? Because I recently upated to the newest version (V1 010).

Thanks

Lars

See also this posting:

Here the last hope for a workaround: MSD is now assigned to a different endpoint in the hope that the OS accepts the interface changes during runtime:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midio128_v3_012_pre1.zip

If this doesn't help, I've to decommit this feature, because a stable USB MIDI connection is more important than this "comfort" function.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Here the last hope for a workaround: MSD is now assigned to a different endpoint in the hope that the OS accepts the interface changes during runtime:

From what I see, your V3.12pre1 has fixed the MSD issue with my PC. I can read and write the files without problems. I am using Windows 7 running on a 64-bit machine. I also tested it on my older Windows XP unit and it also works great.

Pete