Sammich plays only the sounds from one chip in MULTI mode

Taika-Kim

My Sammich with the latest firmware plays only the notes for the L chip in multi mode. Otherwise both chips work fine, but I tried all different options in the multi mode, no luck.

If I set the MULTI mode to L- I have 3 voices OK, in -R silence, in LR the sounds from the L chip are triggered, then I get 3 silent notes from R chip (the leds light up though), and then again 3 good ones from L... And so on.

What might be the cause of this? Since in other modes both chips make sound, it has to be some kind of other problem?

I didn't build my own Sammich, I bought it from somebody from Australia thru Muffwigglers modular forum...

Anyway just for fun while testing this, I made a short loop when I finally with the sammichSID have the C64-like ability to sync and rm between different melodylines etc... (like, check out the Thundercats theme for example, sweeet stuff there, that's very very hard to do on VSTs unless you want to automate individual oscillators by hand to play different melodies).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qixxy3qcmwpwp28/QK4_oCu4tS

The SYNC octave bass and PWM lead are the Sammich, the liquid sub bass is U-He Ace with a TAL Phaser thrown after it... Heh, one day I will write a tune out of this :D But now is a lazy sunday and I've forbidden serious work such as this from myself ;D

Edited by Taika-Kim

Nice demo! :)

What might be the cause of this? Since in other modes both chips make sound, it has to be some kind of other problem?

Check your filter settings, maybe the cutoff frequency of the right filter is 0, or you've assigned all oscillators to the filter (Chn=123), but filter mode is disabled (Mod=---)?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I can do that, but since this same problem happens with all presets too, I don't think it can be that... Also, at least from the CTRLR interface, edits always affect both chips, and it seems to be so from the front panel edits too.

edit:

No, wasn't that, tried now with A016 preset.

Filter type is L-- and goes to 123. I think I will now try flipping the SIDs, just to see for sure that it's some control problem...

Edit:

No, slotwise chip-flip: same result, R channel makes no sound.

Edited by Taika-Kim

Tried making sure it hasn't somehow been switched to mono. I recently had a similar issue but found the sid engine had been switched to mono thereby causing the right sid to make no sound.

It would make sense that it is setting related when the sound hardware is clearly correct in all other modes?

Cheers,

Arkay.

• 3 months later...

Hi out there,

I thought one of my SIDs in my sammichSID would not create sound and then I found out, that I used a mono cable instead of a stereo one ;-)

That was very easy debuging without soldering or software hacking ;-)

Sometimes people (like me) are just stupid ;-)

Now my machine rocks!   :frantics: