MB6582 MIDI IN notes not working

sineSurfer

Hi everyone, I need some help here (for the record I'm using Os X Mountain Lion and MIOS Studio 2.4.4) 

I can't trigger notes via MIDI IN in my MB6582 after trying to update to latest mios, I can change mios and mbsid apps just fine with mios studio so that tells me MIDI IN and OUT would be ok, also changed the 6N138 just to be sure.

At first I updated only one core, and the mbsid app, then tried to play with it via MIDI but it didn't work (internal play button works fine, changing presets, parameters, etc. ok too it seems).

Then I remember we have 4 cores so I updated mios into each core, uploaded mbsid app again and nothing, still no MIDI control.

So I went back to mios studio to install mios old version to see if that was the problem (I made the mios changes via J11 jumper in mb6582) then uploaded latest mbsid app, and tried to clone it via startup+menu button, always gave me an error cloning the slave 3 so I went with mios studio and the jumper again to upload mbsid app, I got no errors this time, but still no luck.

Also used MIDI Monitor app to see if the mb6582 was sending midi out, I see clock messages so it is working.

Tried using MIDI Patchbay app to send MIDI to the mb6582 thru every channel 1-16 and nothing (mb6582 says it's in channel 1)

What am I doing wrong here?

What else should I check to try to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Hi TK, I checked the INS page, found 1 instrument other than #1 with MIDI channel assigned, switched it to -- and also:

SpL:C0

SpU:D#3

So I changed SpL to D#3

It kind of worked for a while, I could trigger notes via keyboard, but some notes were skipped or played in the wrong octave (way too low) then suddenly it went back to not playing any note at all.

While using the "play" button It does respond to external kb pitch bend, and patch change but that's it, no notes (also mios studio pitch bend works, but not the keyboard)

BTW. I uploaded mios v1_9g via jumper +id to each core again and cloned sid app... clonig to core 4 gave an error again :no:  

What else can I test?

thanks a lot!

didn't have to update the bootloader, smash's labels say it is 1.2b

BTW. after my previous post I played a little with the synth, it turns out there are CAN bus problems with the slave cores, so I will start over with the mios 1_9g and sid app upload, just to be sure, am I doing things right?:

Upload mios 1_9g to each core, changing device ID in MIOS Studio and changing J11 jumper accordingly

Upload sid app to core 1, clone sid app to the slaves via restart + menu button

Or, as the last step seems to give errors, upload the sid app to each core changing device ID in MIOS Studio and changing J11 jumper accordingly

Btw. Are we supposed to upload or clone the sid app to each core?

Could it make any difference if I change midi interface for the uploads? I'm using the non-dead gm5x5x5 and every other synth plays just fine

Thanks a lot!

Btw. Are we supposed to upload or clone the sid app to each core?

it should be cloned.

If this doesn't work yet (because it seems that you have multiple issues), then remove the problematic PIC and continue debugging the MIDI IN.

Resp. it could make sense that you are trying only with the master core to get a less complex system.

Could it make any difference if I change midi interface for the uploads?

shouldn't make a difference.

Btw.: could it be, that you wrote about the same topic some months ago?

(I remember a similar story)

Best Regards, Thorsten.