ere to find these push buttons?

Guest echelon

Guest echelon

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for push buttons who return to the 'open position' after I push and release them.

How do you call these type of buttons?

I want to choose between 20 different buttons but a midi signal is sent only when pushed (note on) but I do not want to push a button twice to have it returned to it's begin state.  

I've looked at some buttons but all off them work with  a 'click on' and 'click off' system.

Can somebody give me advice on this?  ;D

Does Reichelt have these kind of buttons? Or do I have to look somewhere else?

Thanx for helping me out.

greetings

Echelon

Hi!

I think you are meaning the button (or switch) type. Those are normally referred as momentary (mom) type.

And buttons should be normally open and closed when pushed (OFF-ON). You can of course use ON-ON type buttons, but then you have to check the wiring so pressing it will close the contact.

Samppa

Guest echelon

Thank you guys for you're fast response.

You've helped me a lot and I'm already looking for them.

One more thing:

I want to connect momentary buttons to a DIN module and leds to a DOUT. When I push a mom button a corresponding led should light up. When I release the button does the corresponding led go to the 'off state' as well?

If the led should turn 'off' after releasing the momentary button is it somehow possible to keep the leds 'on' until I push another button in a same group of buttons?

Let's say DIN connectors 1-18 are one group. So when I switch from one button to another the led will follow this action. In this way I can see which button I've pressed the last time.

Can somebody give me advice on this one?

Thanx

You mean a "radiobutton" function. Something like this can be realized by using Meta events (MIDIbox64, 64E, MF, NG) - requires programming skills. It's also already used by more specific applications like MIDIbox LC and MIDIbox SID.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Sure! :)

Excerpt from the ChangeLog

o biggest improvement: MIDIbox64E can handle with up to 
     64 rotary encoders and LEDrings!

o all 128 encoder and 64 button entries stored in a bank can 
     be updated by incoming MIDI events

o the previous "subbank" mechanism which divided the 128 encoder
     entries into 8 "banks within banks" has been renamed to "pages"
     The width of a page is free definable. This means, that all
     128 encoder entries can be controlled by MB64E with a single 
     encoder (low-cost solution) as well as with up to 64 encoders!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Yes - but this was also possible with the PIC16F based version. The new feature is, that all these 128 parameters can be received independent from the selected page, the PIC16F was only able to receive the 16 parameters of the selected "subbank".

In fact this means that 128 virtual knobs are available, and it depends on your hardware how much can be controlled without switching to another page.

With 16 encoders I highly recomment 8 additional buttons which should be assigned to the "Select Page" function, so that you can quickly change between the different views.

Best Regards, Thorsten.