Mb6582 midibox resistor networks 5 backwards(can't get em out)

scottsober

Hi There ,

I soldered 5 of the resistor networks backwards .Can I leave them and resume ?Will I need to remove them?They are not budging.

Everything else mounted on base board can I continue as is? thanks for the help and how do I get them out if they absolutely must come out? thanks for the help....scottsober

The holes are plated through, so drilling is not the first choice as you might damage the plating. In that case you must solder the part from both sides, top and bottom, and that way create a good connection between top and bottom side of the PCB.

You would normally use desoldering wick or braid, a thin copper netting that you press against the solder you want to remove and that "sucks out" the solder from the hole when heated.

Usually, for me sucking the tin (with tin sucker) is more than sufficient. And, not sure about mb6582 but the resistor metwork legs are far smaller than the drill holes so it definitely doesn't have to be super clean. Definitely no-no for drilling!

The best way to remove pins imho is to hold the PCB vertically, heat one side with your soldering iron, and use a vacuum suction pump pressed on the other side, triggering the "flush" when the bottom side is heated. It "sucks through" all pin parts and the remaining solder.

Many greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye