No response From mios8 or mios32 core!

Spirit

hi everyone.

i have the issue if i connect my LPC with usb to the pc and startup Mios studio.

it says "No response From mios8 or mios32 core!"

if i press Quary i get the same message..

but if i press a button +-20 times with a CC assigned on it. i will get a Midi input.

and if i then press Query then Mios studio sees the LPC..

and i can acces the SD card.

i realy wonder is it something i done wrong or is it a known issue from the LPC..

kind regards, spirit

Same here. Sometimes the core doesn´t seem to respond to MS no more for no apparent reason. Restarting the core and MS normally does the trick.

You could connect the core via midi interface (if handy of course) and check if the core shows the same "symptoms". If so, there might be a problem with the core. If not it might be that your pc has problems with the gm5 midi driver that the Midibox uses (assuming you are using a windows based computer).

yes i run windows 7

i allways have this the first time i plug in the USB and startup MS.

and if i press +- 20 times a button, it works oke..

but i will try to connect my BCF2000 with some Din5 cabels to the core and see if this makes any differnce as i also have been thinking that its a Problem from a Windows driver..

in the end its not realy a big issue. but i just wondered if other poeple has the same as i have...

/spirit

Yes, a lot of others have seen this problem with Windows OS.  I am surprised that nobody provided information about the SINGLE USB PORT solution.  With your last post indicating that you use Windows 7, this is defiantly the problem.  All my problems went away when setting this option in the MIOS boot loader.

Spirit, If you haven't done this yet, you should set the "Single USB" option.  It is described here.  This option can only be set while running the Bootloader update code.  Use Mios Studio and enter:

set single_usb 1 
 store 

Hope this fixes your problem.

• 3 weeks later...

hello,

I am running into a similar problem. I have put bootloader on an STM32F4, the green led turns on as it should.

I Start MIOS Studio and select the IN (1) and OUT (2) port of the MIDI interface. 

But i get a "No response From mios8 or mios32 core!" no matter how many times i press query.

I have been stuck on this for 2 days now. One more and i wont have any hair to pull off my head :(.

post-18955-0-86900900-1374153121_thumb.j

Edited by nihle