Bugs/Question: Mixermap, Patterns

Rio

Hi Community,

a) I see that the additional CCs of "Mixer Map" are assignable in a range of 0 to 112. Is there a reason for that purpose (not max 127 (0x7F))?

b) if the sequencer is running then multiple dump-calls of mixermaps will hang up the application (and sometimes the send routine will cause a delay for sending that mixermap in contrast to MBSEQV3).

c) I miss the cc 111 implementation to dump a special mixer map, like it was implemented in SEQV3 (I would be glad if that could be adapted :smile: ):

CC#111 (0x6f)
Dumps the values of a Mixer map (0..127)

little request in that mixermap section: I don't know, if you like the feature, that the user can decide whether any of these additional CCs  (1-4) could send before all the standard Mixer CCs (like Prog.Change) will send out, so that e.g. Bank.Change Commandos (CC 0 and/or CC 32) can be supported by that mixermap (so that it will send out ahead of Prog.Change).

c) the manual of V4 at point "Pattern Screen" says:

GP buttons: the 128 patterns are enumerated from A1 to h8. The 8 buttons at the left side switch between A-H/a-h (press the button twice to select a "lower case" character), the 8 buttons at the right side are used to select the pattern number (1-8).

..but I can only choose between A..H and not lowercase Patterns. Is it a bug or are there now only patterns from A to H possible for a bank?

d) incomming MIDI CC will be only recognized if Ext.Ctrl -> IN is not set to "ALL"

hey tk, don't take all my suggestions/reports as negative points - that new application is a superb application and i am impressed again! So big thanks! and a lot of success & fun on doing this.

Greets, rio

Edited by Rio

c) the manual of V4 at point "Pattern Screen" says:

GP buttons: the 128 patterns are enumerated from A1 to h8. The 8 buttons at the left side switch between A-H/a-h (press the button twice to select a "lower case" character), the 8 buttons at the right side are used to select the pattern number (1-8).

..but I can only choose between A..H and not lowercase Patterns. Is it a bug or are there now only patterns from A to H possible for a bank?

I have found the same bug, no lowercase patterns. 

Best

FC

Hi,

a) I see that the additional CCs of "Mixer Map" are assignable in a range of 0 to 112. Is there a reason for that purpose (not max 127 (0x7F))?

should work again in v4.078

b) if the sequencer is running then multiple dump-calls of mixermaps will hang up the application (and sometimes the send routine will cause a delay for sending that mixermap in contrast to MBSEQV3).

shouldn't happen anymore in v4.078

c) I miss the cc 111 implementation to dump a special mixer map, like it was implemented in SEQV3

selectable as "external controller" in v4.078 (assigned to CC#111 by default)

little request in that mixermap section: I don't know, if you like the feature, that the user can decide whether any of these additional CCs  (1-4) could send before all the standard Mixer CCs (like Prog.Change) will send out, so that e.g. Bank.Change Commandos (CC 0 and/or CC 32) can be supported by that mixermap (so that it will send out ahead of Prog.Change).

added to the wishlist, but I will wait for more requests in this direction from other users before starting with the implementation to avoid that the change goes into the wrong direction.

c) the manual of V4 at point "Pattern Screen" says:

GP buttons: the 128 patterns are enumerated from A1 to h8. The 8 buttons at the left side switch between A-H/a-h (press the button twice to select a "lower case" character), the 8 buttons at the right side are used to select the pattern number (1-8).

corrected the manual, a bank has only 64 patterns anymore.

d) incomming MIDI CC will be only recognized if Ext.Ctrl -> IN is not set to "ALL"

will show "off" now. The "all" setting is available as the last value in this item (v4.078)

Here a pre-release for testing:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_078_pre3.zip

ChangeLog (so far...):

http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsequencers%2Fmidibox_seq_v4%2FCHANGELOG.txt

I have found the same bug, no lowercase patterns. 

this is not a bug, I just overlooked that the documentation wasn't consistent at all places after the bank size has been reduced some years ago.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

I had some strange behaviors with the pre-release. Triggering the dumps with an external controller erased my mixermaps. Even with all disabled in the midi page the seq restarted with some notes. I also had some problems with the midi router . I think there a re some bugs with the new controller assignations.

Best

FC

• 2 weeks later...

The new assignments are working at my side without problems.

Triggering the dumps with an external controller erased my mixermaps.

the old mixer map content will get lost as long as you don't store it.

Even with all disabled in the midi page the seq restarted with some notes.

need more details how to reproduce this.

I also had some problems with the midi router

more details required as well...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

Hi TK,

Just to strengthen the following question:

added to the wishlist, but I will wait for more requests in this direction from other users before starting with the implementation to avoid that the change goes into the wrong direction.

I wish the same feature. Currently I should make 2 consecutive dump  to make the correct Bank Change and Program Change commands.

Regards, Norbim

• 6 months later...

My proposal for the solution: If the last 2 CC-s in a mixer-map are Bank_Select_MSB and Bank_Select_LSB, it'll only send these CCs before sending PC. Possible code change in  SEQ_MIXER_Send:

switch( par ) {
    case SEQ_MIXER_PAR_PRG:
if (SEQ_MIXER_Get(chn, SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC3_NUM)==0) //Bank_Select_MSB
MIOS32_MIDI_SendCC(midi_port, midi_chn, 0, SEQ_MIXER_Get(chn, SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC3)-1);
if (SEQ_MIXER_Get(chn, SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC4_NUM)==32) //Bank_Select_LSB
MIOS32_MIDI_SendCC(midi_port, midi_chn, 32, SEQ_MIXER_Get(chn, SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC4)-1);
      return value == 0 ? 0 : MIOS32_MIDI_SendProgramChange(midi_port, midi_chn, value-1);
  case SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC3:
if (SEQ_MIXER_Get(chn, SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC3_NUM)!=0) // do not send Bank_Select_MSB
     return value == 0 ? 0 : MIOS32_MIDI_SendCC(midi_port, midi_chn, SEQ_MIXER_Get(chn, SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC3_NUM), value-1);
    case SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC4:
if (SEQ_MIXER_Get(chn, SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC4_NUM)!=32) // do not send Bank_Select_LSB
     return value == 0 ? 0 : MIOS32_MIDI_SendCC(midi_port, midi_chn, SEQ_MIXER_Get(chn, SEQ_MIXER_PAR_CC4_NUM), value-1);

Only a sketch, not tested. I wonder if it can be a good solution.

Edited by norbim1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...