Midibox SEQ V4 Lite

spuddo

Hi no digital , interesting tag for a forum that's digital friendly. :smile:

Thanks for your reply.

Damn it, I just figured that out..  Thought it was swedish or something.

To add: You will also need the LPC17 development board which can be purchased at the same place you get your switches

Hi Altitude , this i my fisrt step into the digital world( read" boring old fart" who learnt his trade when valve/tubes were the go)  and buying this project is doing my head in. I did my homework before asking on this site  , but could find nowhere that sold a kit .

So far i have been told about the seq PCB , and now the LPC17 , what about firmware , software , power supply pcb etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

The Lpc17 can get it's power through the usb-port. If you don't want to keep a computer connected, you can use a powered hub, or a phone-charger.

The software is on ucapps.de. The MIDIbox SEQ V4 Lite has it's own category in the menu on the left.

Damn it, I just figured that out..  Thought it was swedish or something.

:smile:

It's from days gone by where everything was Moog and Space Echoes! I've since moved on but kept the moniker.

OP: SEQ V4 Lite is probably the simplest project to get going on, so if you can solder a few LEDs and switches you're halfway there already.

Hi Guys , thanks for all the replies , i no doubt will need more help as my old head is still in the past , what with all the Moogs ,ARPs that surround me.

I am a dab hand with a soldering iron-----ahh the smell of flux in the morning ,but as i say i'll need help with all this software etc , and of course all the acronyms---that like an alien language.

Someone suggested my grandaughter would find this a walk in the park---i should ask her.

Regards

Software side is very easy, everything goes across MIDI over USB and the chips can be flashed without any extra programmers etc.

http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_download.html

It's then a simple process of choosing the correct application and keeping up with TK's constant updates!

You may also need an SD card PCB, these are currently not available from AVIShowtech (SmashTV/Tim) but can be found on eBay and Sparkfun.

Edited by latigid on

I actually recommend you start with just a Core17 and familiarize yourself with MIOS and studio.  Its an easy build and a good opportunity to learn to use the console and basic uploading of apps.  Once you have your head around that, you can start adding the interesting stuff.  The documentation looks a little daunting but once it all sinks in everything will come into focus quickly.