seqv4lite to seqv4 without wilba pcb ?

jagzik

Hi,

I know that maybe this is a just done question but, i don't understand well:

I have a seq v4l, i want to upgrade to the seq v4, so i have the core from seqv4l i need the other parts and on the ucapps site point to the wilba pcb...but i can use the seq v3 control parts for the control surface ? there's a tutorial or something for do this ? 

This because i have some parts and kit from a not started midibox controller so i have some ain dout...module and maybe i can use this ? ....and i know that for a wilba pcb i have to wait.

Thanks

Yes. However, you will spend considerably more time building this when using individual boards, and you will obviously have more sources of potential problems in getting your SEQv4 up and running. I am not sure when the PCBs will be available again in Tim's (aka SmashTV) shop, but why not just send him an email and ask?

Yes, you can reuse "old" MIDIbox parts, such as DOUT modules - have a look at my photo tutorial for a custom SEQ V4 build - it takes considerably more time, as ilmenator writes, but it is also a rewarding process, as you learn more about MIDIboxes, electronics, how to handle huge amounts of wires etc :-)

Have a great time!

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

• 1 month later...

I tried to build a hand wired control surface for the SEQ on vero board with a DIO matrix and two DIN iirc. I used the matrix configuration and it was a long and lousy though educative job to me. Hawkeye is right: a HUGE amount of wires..

I got it working at a 95% level, (pretty good considering my skill level) but not far enough to work with it comfortably.

So I ended up ordering Smashes / wilba's cs pcb in the end.. I also want to build the SID but did not hesitate a sec and got those pcb's as well. I am not yet up to the more complex custom control surfaces, the SCS for the midio128 is much easier.

Personal experience only of course.

Edited by EsotericLabs