Wilba Front Panel Config File : Help Req'D

cosmosuave

I need help loading  WIlbas front panel config file... I have it as  a text and it shows on the mounted SD card with my SEQV4 but the buttons on the panel don't function as they should... The file shows in the MIOS file browser as a txt file... I think my issue is that it needs to be a hex file does MIOS allow me to convert this? I am so close to getting this working but am stumped and I have looked through the site to do this to no avail... When I try to DL Wilbas file from the wiki and various places I get file not found... 

Please someone chime in....

Thanks...

Brian.

Hola,

it needs to be a text file and in the root directory of the SD Card named MBSEQ_HW.V4

Please try this file:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsequencers%2Fmidibox_seq_v4%2Fhwcfg%2Fwilba%2FMBSEQ_HW.V4

I know, the "download" button does not work, but you can copy and paste it into a text editor, e.g. windows editor and then save the file as MBSEQ_HW.V4

Many greets and good luck!

Peter

Looking to clarify a statement here....

Initial setup for Wilba's Frontpanel

Wilba's Frontpanel uses a special button/LED layout which is not compatible to the standard frontpanel. Accordingly, you won't be able to access the intended button functions as long as the standard assignments are active (e.g. no SD Card connected).

In order to get the frontpanel working correctly, please copy the prepared configuration file hwcfg/wilba/MBSEQ_HW.V4 into the root directory of the SD Card by using the Filebrowser.

I copied the file directly on to the SD card via Windows as in drag and drop and not with the Filebrowser could this be the issue I am having?

No, usually this should work ok, too.

However, you could always try to use MIOS Studio and the filebrowser as recommended above - this way you will also be able to modify the config file itself, while it is sitting in the SEQ's card slot. It's a good test to see if the card is properly formatted for MBSEQ to recognize it, and if the file can be accessed properly.

Home now and tried a few things...

1. placed the config file on the SD card via windows....

2. Able to download the config file from the SD card via MIOS when connected to the core...

3. Unable to create a directory sysex/: on SD card via MIOS getting mssg Failed to create directory...

Seems that SD card works but the core is not recognizing Wilba's config file or there are issues with network resistors as mentioned I will check this later... 

Checked the resistor network and they are all orientated the correct way... Scratching my head on this...

Edited by cosmosuave