Enable MIDI IN4 and MIDI-Routing

FantomXR

Hey,

I'm wondering, how to enable MIDI IN4 (M/O 3 not used). I assembled a little PCB with a optocoupler on it with the MIDI-extension schematic provided my TK.

I connected it to J4 and I triple checked the connections. Everything should be fine. 

ucapps says, that MIDI IN4 needs to be enabled in the firmware. I took a look into mios32_config.h and it seems, that it is already defined and so enabled. But it is not working. Any suggestions?

Another one: I did connect motorfader to my core via MIDI I/O2. I can set them up nicely in the ngc. I set the config-port to USB2. On the first USB port I get the midi-signals I set up in the NGC file. On the second port I have the signals emulated motormix is creating. Is there a chance to block this? I tried to block them with the router-command but this didn't help.

Any help is very appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

I tested this at my side with:

set router 1 IN4 all USB1 all
set router 2 USB1 all OUT4 all

and it works.

Need more informations to understand the issue.

MF: the Motormix events will be filtered automatically.

Don't use the router for this, configure the MF module instead and forward/convert events via EVENT_MF like shown in the configuration examples.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi TK,

thanks for getting back to me.

I have the router running now. I don't know exactly where the mistake was.

But I can not get the motorfaders running. I attached a picture. There you see my config and in the background Mainstage. I want to assign a fader via midi learn and as you see, it get's the values of the motormix from USB2.

mf.tiff

Of course, it will get motormix values over USB2 since you've configured it as the "config_port".

I assume, that you get the CC/Pitchbend via USB1, right?

Select another "config_port" for configuration purposes which isn't used by your DAW.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi TK,

Mainstage listens to every MIDI / USB port. It is not possible to deactivate specific midi ports (maybe it is possible in OSX in general?!).

The problem is, that assigning controller via MIDI learn in Mainstage is not working this way. It's not a big deal to do it manually, but maybe in the long run you want to implement a feature, that blocks the USB2 port completely if necessary? 

Thanks!

Thank you!

I have another question regarding the banks:

Is it possible to have two different banks selected at the same time? I have a group of faders and a group of encoders. I want to switch the bank of the faders without affecting the encoders and vice versa. Is that possible?

Thanks

Chris