Live input from Different Channels for Different Tracks

phillwilson

I would like to set up my Midi box like the following:

T1 input From keyboard on Channel 1 --- output to channel 1 (Microkorg)

T2 input from  keyboard on Channel 1 --- output to channel 2 (volca bass)

T3 input from keyboard on channel 1 ---output to channel 3 (volca keys)

T4 inout from drumpad channel 10 --- output to channel 4 (volca beats)

at the moment I can only seem to have every channel respond to one selected channel.

Is there is a way around this (ideally not involving the second midi input port as I have another dedicated instrument in and out on that port)

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Phill

Hola!

Yes, MIDI router FTW!

You can route (and duplicate) anything coming from any MIDI IN Port (up to 4) / Channel (single selection or all) to any MIDI OUT PORT (up to 8)/Channel - that alone makes the SEQ awesome! :smile:

Regarding your usecase: you could route from MIDI IN 1, different MIDI channels to MIDI OUT 1, different MIDI channels - currently, up to 16 routes are possible.

Many greets and have a great weekend!

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Thanks a lot for prodding my in the right direction... I had confused myself with the sheer amount of possibilities.... Right ...I've got that working... Just one issue remains... Is it possible to assign realtime input FTS to act on one channel but NOT the other... I have the drum tracks individual force to scale settings set to 'off' and the melodic channels set to 'on' but it seems that the live FTS on input is overriding this . What this means is that as I change from one scale to another within the scale setup, various drum trigger 'go missing' as they fall outside of the scale.

Thanks so much (again) TK ... I really do hope I am not becoming an over eager menace! This is one of the best musical devices I have ever owned and it has always been in my nature to push these kind of tools to breaking point. I will sit patiently in the meantime and enjoy every second of this wonderful designed tool Thanks to all