SEQV4 and Akai S1000 - Unable to trigger S1000

cosmosuave

First off I know there are a lot of variables at play here and this is the first time I have encountered an issue trying to trigger a synth via midi.. I am unable to to trigger the S1000 as it is set for for channel 1 and I have defined MIDI port out#2 on SEQV4... The S1000 works fine when I trigger with a M-audio Oxygen keyboard set on channel 1... Not sure what gives... The SEQV4 will trigger my MBSID no problem as well as my MKS-30...

Maybe someone here has had the same issue with the S1000... There is some setting I am missing...

Thanks...

Brian...

I once had a problem to trigger an old doepfer Midi-to-CV module with the SEQ4L.

On the page for the LPC17 TK wrote:

"this limitation especially hurts for the MIDI OUTs, which can't be supplied at the (commonly used) 5V anymore. As a counter measure, R21, R22, R26 and R27 resistors are 47 Ohm instead of 220 Ohm to achieve a current of more than 5 mA for driving the optocoupler of the MIDI target device."

If that is causing the trouble, a buffer or levelshifter might help.

You could also relay the midi connection through your computer as a quick workaround.