Drumachine midification

Mr Tube

I want to make a controller that receive Midi data and must drive analog modules (max 64)

One of the advances is that I want to send also the velocity value to the module, I am thinking about a module that give an address and data on a bussystem.

The module will be triggered by writing on an address (0-63) the velocity value, this is enough info for my modules.

I need only the Note on command to trigger the module with the velocity value.

Is this possible with one of the Midibox projects? 

Yes each module have an address, it is just a little bit logic (address decoding) and a trigger circuit. A data register will receive the velocity info and can have 8bits max.

The modules will be build on eurocard and have 4 sounds, in a double 19inch rack it is possible to have 16 modules.

I am planning to make a set of 808 sounds and also wave sound modules.

with 7 bits resolution for velocity and 6 bits address plus a strobe I need 14 outputs on the controller.

It will be nice to set the Midichannel from 1 to 16.

The job for the controller must be simple, just receive the NOTE ON command and put the data on the addreslines and the velocity value on the data lines and generate the strobe pulse.

maybe better to have 7 Address lines just to set the complete Note on command on the addresbus.

Edited by Mr Tube