TR-808 Velocity Control

Navicat

Here is a velocity control for each voice module of a TR-808. The concept is simple..

What i did is i took the accent circuit from the original schematics and i place a digipot that will control the velocity for every single voice separately.

A Digipot chain will be connected at J19 of the STM32F4 Core. Each Digipot is controlling the Velocity Value on each instrument. So let's see.

A Pin from Dout module sends a Trigger of +5 Volts. One Branch goes at the Trigger in of the Voice module.

The other branch is going into my circuit.

The digipot controls the velocity level from +5 volts to +15v. ( Even with 0 Velocity a 5v minimum trigger must go in voice module so we have sound.)

The result is a Trigger voltage  from +5v to +15v that goes into the Accent in of the voice module.

What we have here is a velocity control for every single note. :rolleyes:

I Need help on how to programm Digipots to do this job.

Here is the schematic Accent 5-15v.PDF

Regards Tilemachos

• Like 1

Hi i have used the seb Drumbox for have velocity control for each instrument of my  tr8060.

http://burnit.co.uk/sdiy/index.php?page=drumbox

I have connected the accent and trigger input on the same output pulse.

Trigger input work fine with a pulse between 5v and 15 v so you don't need to send a spécific +5 Volts.