mios studio (ubuntu) ERROR file doesnt exist

Phatline

after get running the toolchain, and succesfull build a hex file
, i got problems with the mios studio, when i browse a hex file, then mios stuido says "Error file doesnt exist" "junk at end of value"

exact:

Reading (zenity:12907): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:27:35: Junk at end of value

(zenity:12907): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:40:48: Junk at end of value

(zenity:12907): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:48:46: Junk at end of value

(zenity:12907): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:59:58: Junk at end of value

(zenity:12907): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:70:46: Junk at end of value

(zenity:12907): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:81:58: Junk at end of value
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.

(zenity:12907): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_strv_length: assertion 'str_array != NULL' failed

I have one of them hex files in attachment, can anyone try to open that file with mios, so i can know:

a. it is a problem with the studio (linux)

b. the toolchain dont made it right...

thx

Bildschirmfoto vom 2016-01-01 20-17-39.png

project.hex

Edited by Phatline

I don't know from where this error should come from. It seems more related to your installation (maybe a GLib incompatibility with legacy Juce builds?)

However, your snapshot shows an interesting detail: the path selection box (left to the Browse button) shows the error message instead of the file path.
Accordingly it seems that GTK tries to pass the error message to the file selection box instead of the actual selected file name.

It would be interesting what happens if you enter the (complete) path to the project.hex file directly into this box?

At least I can confirm that this is an alternative way to load a file - and it might help at your side since the file browser isn't involved!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

P.S: that's the reason why I prefer reliable Linux derivatives which are at least 1 year old, but still maintained - never use the latest versions, or you are in the pole position for hunting bugs! ;-)
E.g. @Work we're using RHEL6 which was released in 2010, and we don't plan to switch in the next 4..5 years to avoid unnecessary troubleshooting.

yes paste the complete path is working e.g.: "/home/triggermatrix/c/BLM_V01/project.hex"

i work with that workaround.

thanks,

i had problems with ubuntu 14, that i cant get fixed, so i decided to install ubuntu 15... it took several month to do this because i know i have to install the mios32 toolchain again -  in the past it was everytime a time consuming process.

• 1 month later...

I'm on Ubuntu 15.10, and I have the same problem with MIOS Studio 2.4.6. After trying to load a hex file, the path selection box says:

/home/jjonas/Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
/home/jjonas/Desktop/midibox/MBSEQv4/midibox_seq_v4_091_pre3/MBHP_CORE_STM32F4/project.hex

If you erase the top row and press enter, the hex loads (and uploads) ok.

What wasn't mentioned in this thread yet is that MIOS Studio 2.4.0 works ok. Just though to report this in case it's useful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...