Alt + Row does not equal octave shift

Altitude

Also doesn't work as described on my unit.

Can we think of a different way that will work? Like Shift+Alt changes the extra row or column into a octave select? Or the idea in the feature request thread of using a slider. Even something like "hold Shift and move Slider 1 to change the currently viewed octave (jump behaviour, centre of slider = C3?). As long as Shift is held the extra column will illuminate to indicate the current window."  Because height = 16 buttons, there could be an overlap of notes, but I think it's most intuitive to maintain the current scale for the selected track.

TK. mentioned he doesn't want the BLM to rely on optional sliders, but I've never seen another in operation, and if anyone comes up with a different design they should certainly include sliders or pots!

> hold Shift and move Slider 1 

This would be awesome.  About to recommend it.

> Shift+Alt changes the extra row or column into a octave select

Not as awesome, but will work.

>  anyone comes up with a different design

I'm pretty sure there is very little chance of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that after some changes requested by somebody else, this function isn't working anymore.

Shows me that the "real" (not virtual) BLM16x16+X needs to be reviewed & improved, this task is already on the wish list.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

No, it probably hasn't been verified and therefore probably won't work after the changes for somebody else who requested changes for the virtual interface...

Patience please, the issue is noted, I need to schedule a review & code changes at my side - which probably won't happen in the next weeks! I guess that you can life with this limitation...

Best Regards, Thorsten.