Speed up writing OLEDs

FantomXR

Hey people,

my setup contains nine 128x64pixel OLEDs in a horizontal layout. I usually print to all of them at the same time.

Now, MIOS writes to the displays character by character. So it starts with the first line on the first OLED, goes all the way to the first line of the 9th display and then starts over at the 2nd line of the first display. 

Since there is a lot of data, it takes time to print to the OLEDs and you really can see how the characters are printed line by line. 

So my question is: Is there a way to speed up that transfer rate? I googled a bit and found this on an arduino forum:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=286837.0

Is it possible to somehow adapt this to MIDIbox? Do you have an idea?

Thanks,
Chris

43 minutes ago, FantomXR said:

So my question is: Is there a way to speed up that transfer rate? I googled a bit and found this on an arduino forum:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=286837.0

What is the solution that you retain from this?

You can use bitmaps, one for each screen, first you write into it then you transfer the whole bitmap to the screen one by one( cs by cs) and maybe only the one which has changed using some flag, the problem with this is that you will use a some of the RAM, 128*64*9/8=9216 bytes(9K), maybe not bad depending on your app.

Best regards
Bruno

Edited by Antichambre