Who is MaxB?

dwestbury

Does anyone know if the guy in this video (@MaxB) is still here on the forums?

https://youtu.be/ZbJkuwY9W7k

You see, I purchased an army green MB-6582 some years ago, that looked identical to the one in the video (e.g., same panels & phillips head screws, same mixed red & green colored LEDs and knob set, etc.), so I'm like 99.5% sure it was his build.

Simply knowing that you could make such an instrument yourself, gave me the inspiration to seek out these forums and learn some electronics, so that I could eventually roll up my own sleeves and build one of these bad boys.

After studying my muse for what now seems like forever, I finally picked up a soldering iron around Christmas time 2019, and I still haven’t put it down...  :-)

So, I just want to thank MaxB for introducing me to this wonderful universe and I want to thank TK and the rest of this community for all the support that's been fueling this new addiction! 

Cheers all!

-Darrell

Here what she currently looks like today, with new knobs and LEDs and a few more battle scars to prove her warrior status ;-)

851888146_ArmyGreenMB-6582.thumb.jpg.4455ad40e82409b7370be21ba48390cb.jpg

...here's a peek under the hood at some of the changes & MODs I've made...

IMG_1912.thumb.jpeg.43afc184403abb47444f438e6005c435.jpeg

Original knobs & panel screws...

Unknown.thumb.jpeg.bba0c99a3fb8822b31990b0596b1e1df.jpeg

Edited by dwestbury

By the way, I'm selling this synth in the Fleamarket [EDIT: SOLD]

Which is why I got a bit nostalgic when I thought about actually parting with it, and I drafted the note above.

I may never find out who the mysterious builder / seller is or was, but I'm certainly grateful for the transaction...  ;-)

Cheers all,

-Darrell

Edited by dwestbury