Instant and cheap PCBs.

Guest timofer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it´s 48 eur per 100 A4 sheets.

I have never used blue press and peel because it´s much more expensive (in Spain, at least).

CPM6.3 never fails, even with two-faced pcbs.

The only caution is using a laser printer compatible with this kind of paper. Almost all modern printers are compatible, but some old models like HP 6MP, HP 5L, OkiPage 20n doesn´t work.

I use a cheap HP laserjet P1005 and the results are superb.

I would definitively recommend CPM6.3.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

This is added in case anyone is still playing with the thing:

I played around with lazer/toner/glossy paper to make circuits boards and met with varying success.

The paper is most important, and I found some which was intended for printing glossy photos (a certain Kodak paper from Staples), and the quality was also affected by the toner etc.

Interesting, but very time-consuming. I might get into it properly one of these days, and see if there is a solid repeatable method.

I have half of a board left over from those days (a Pic18F452 Midi Saxaphone) and you can just make out the two Xtal (10Mhz crystal) capacitors still in situ.

Notice I avoided taking tracks between pins. It can be done but its not worth the effort.

cheers all

sax_1.JPG

sax_1.JPG