PIC ID Value Programming

Guest Thomas_Holley

Guest Thomas_Holley

I set up my JDM PIC programmer, followed the steps outlined in the tutorial and programmed all four of my PICs without a hitch. It was pretty easy but I think all PICs are now identical.

Can I place the propper ID into the chip at the initial programming so that I have a master and slaves designated? This would be so much easier than connecting and disconnecting things after the fact and less of an opportunity for me to make an error. If this is possible can you give me detailed instructions on how it's done?

Thanks,

Thomas

Guest Thomas_Holley

I think I may have found the answer to my own question but since I am not experienced I would like some advice. In the IC-Prog 1.05C programmer options tab there is a tab for PIC that has a box ladeled "Hardware Address". I believe I can program the propper device ID, i.e.; 0 for master, 1, 2, 3 for slaves using this function. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

Normaly the whole ID field should be zero.

If you are using more than one core module in a chain, it makes sense to set the IDs of the other cores to 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, etc

If you are using a to-COM interface, add 0x100

If you not using a standard character display, add 0xX000 (x = GLCD type)

So, in most cases you are fine with 0x0000000000000000

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So if my second core module is using the to-com it should be like this?

0000000000000102 ?

The master and all slaves must share the same baud rate, so the "to-COM" interface bit must be the same for the master and all the slaves, or the slaves won't receive the MIDI from the master.