Looking for help with my MB-6582 build

sensorium

About 10 years ago, I was in a car accident after completing 90% of my MB-6582 build. The carpel tunnel like pain I'm living with after a shattered wrist left me incapable of doing tedious solder work. With Wilba's permission, I paid a member here to finish the job.

Unfortunately, it was obvious that the builder was a bit of a novice. Several LEDs don't light. The sustain knob doesn't change any values. When turning the filter knob, the number readings turn into random letters. But most importantly, I only seem to be getting any audio out of the SID1 output. I dealt with it for years, because I didn't have the heart to complain since it was such a kind gesture, but lately I've been itching to get this working properly.  I reached out for help many years ago, but had no luck   I’ve decided to try again as I got a new itch to get this thing working properly :)

Is anyone willing to help me out? I don't imagine it would take much time. I have spare LEDs to match if the dead ones are truly bad. I'm sure there have since been OS updates/but fixes as well. Let me know if anyone is willing to help. I will obviously pay for the bench time!

I am in the USA, but will ship to anyone willing to assist.

*I have some spare SID chips i could throw in as part of the payment if anyone is interested.    

Thanks in advance!

Edited by sensorium

• 2 weeks later...