More explanation about midibox-4sid

Guest illektrobot

Guest illektrobot

Hello, I am newbie... I would like to begin the construction of Midibox-4sid. :)

Many things are clearly explained (thanks to all those who participate in it, especially Thorsten klose) ;)

But I has difficulty in understanding several things:

-If I decide to use 2 sid's types (8580, 6501), in the same midibox-4sid, to have the advantages and the inconveniences of each of them. should I have two types of voltage? 12 and 15 volts?

How should I make it? ???

-could anybody clearly explain me how to create one dinx1?

Thanks to all :D

1st: No, you can use 15 Volts on both. The regulator on both PCBs will downgrade the voltage to 9 Volt / 12 Volt. No prob. Do use TK´s PSU recycle! It´s great!

2nd: Just use a normal DINx4 and let the unused ICs unmounted. If you´re talking about the schematic: The same, just cross out the three other ICs and wires to those and you have a DINx1.

Greets & good luck

1st: No, you can use 15 Volts on both. The regulator on both PCBs will downgrade the voltage to 9 Volt / 12 Volt. No prob. Do use TK´s PSU recycle! It´s great!

Really i tought you had to replace some resistors etc for the 8580. This is great so i can just swap them when i like.