Question about potentiometers

intosite

Hi,

I just got  myself a batch of sliding potentiometers and they are log not lin types. They are ALPS 60mm slide potentiometers. The lever when half way measures 7.5k

Have 3 questions in mind.

1. When connected to the AIN, when the resistance is 0, does it recognise as a key down velocity at 0 or when the resistance is at 10k at 255?

2. If the keydown velocity is 0 at 0ohm, is there anyway to reverse it? Meaning when 0ohm it registers a velocity of 255?

3. Is there a way to make the potentiometer a lin?

Cheers

So what is you log pots full resistance value?! I tried to check that figure, and think that it means that "R2=10", and that most linear curve at figure 6. means that you have to add resistor that has 10% value of full pot resistance between center and top lug of that pot..

Bye, Moebius

Ok,

Thanks.

I think i give up.

My sliding potentiometer have 4 pins on one end and 2 on the other...

I give up figuring which is which as i think half of the 4 pins isn't connected to anything(dummy) and one of the other two also is a dummy.

Of the 3 that is working, the readings i get off my multimeter, are pos-log , neg log and the full resistance.

I think i can live with one of the log readings, not sure its the pos or neg ones though.

My travel of the slider is 60mm. Max resistance is 10K. So when the travel is at 45mm resistance is at 5k. 60mm-10k. Think that's ok for my application as its suppose to be controlling the opacity of a image layer, which should be increase gradualy.

Thanks anyway. Will do a trial to see if its ok. If not think i'll be back at this thing.

Cheers :)

>>I think i give up.

>>My sliding potentiometer have 4 pins on one end and >>2 on the other...

you have a DUAL slider..dont give up! :-[

all u need is is that doc...

u could run audio + midi on 1 slider in this case : choosing log for audio and tailoring the other side for lin.

... 8)

you have a DUAL slider..dont give up!  

all u need is is that doc...

u could run audio + midi on 1 slider in this case : choosing log for audio and tailoring the other side for lin.

Thanks for the encouragement, but i'm quite sure its a single unit. As that's what i ordered from farnell, don't think they are that nice to give me duals. Also testing the other half of the terminals with a multimeter, it was always an open curcuit.

Its really ok. i think that the log could be better in my use. Prob is i have half log (i bought from farnell 11pieces) other half linear ( 7 pieces samples i got from a supplier).

Cheers :)