Sound Card Recommendation?

iron

Hello,

I am trying to buy a new sound card. I play the guitar so i need it  to have some sort of input for that and also play around with Propellerhead Reason. Anyone recommend a soundcard that would give me high quality input/output? I dont really care much for surround sound (as in 6 speakers and whatnot). Just want a reliable soundcard with fast response for input and output. I was looking at the Soundblaster Extigy because thats the only company i know.  Or maybe anyone has been successful in make a reliable Firewire soundcard or something? something i would make on my own or buy, I prefer the former :).

Yepp, also having the Delta 44 ... pretty ok...

The Soundblaster stuff is normally not the stuff you want to have in a studio... Midiman stuff is OK, and Terratec is said to be pretty good (I just *heard* about that up to now from everyone - no personal experience). Search for those companies.

I brought my latency down to about 4 ms (Delta 44). I guess with some driver updates I even would come down to the 2 ms.

I also own a Midiman Transit, it´s not firewire but USB, but also a very reliable and good thing - latency @ 2 ms.

• 3 weeks later...